Tampa Termite Treatment & Termite Control
Termite Control Services
Tri-S Termite & Pest Control has been providing Termite Treatments for over 25yrs. Our pest inspections by our highly trained termite inspection technicians are second to none in Florida. If you need a Home Termite Inspection or Termite Treatment call us today for our Free Termite Inspection, In Tampa (813)936-5850 or in the surrounding Tampa Bay area at 1-800-410-5850.
When springtime rolls around in Florida, residents can expect the termite swarms to make their yearly appearance. Tri-S Pest Control Service has more than 25 years of experience in combating Drywood, dampwood, and subterranean termites. We have made it our goal to not only provide you with the best termite treatment and termite control services, but eliminate your problem whether you live in Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, or in Hernando, Polk or Pasco counties.
Tri-S has various applications to provide your home with termite control, such as:
The Exterra System:
- Not only provides termite control but eliminates termite colonies
- This interception and baiting system has its stations monitored on a quarterly basis. Reports show results.
- Does not use liquid poison, which is environment-friendly. Instead, it contains a molt inhibitor that is consumed by the worker termites and fed to the rest of the colony.
Termidor Termite Control:
- Has treated 2.6 million American homes
- Perfect for homeowners on a budget
- Low-dose treatment that leaves no odor
- Treatment is less invasive since rods are used
- Is a nonrepellent termite control treatment
- Safer since it has no documented fatalities
- Can be applied in the home without homeowners vacating
- Is injected into the walls with a needle
- Protects wood for up to 25 years
Tampa Termite Inspection & Services
Termite season strikes residents in Florida during the months of January through May. These swarms start to appear when the termites leave their colonies to find new nesting sites. It is at this time that homeowners begin to realize they might have a termite problem since they spot the swarming termites in their homes. Florida Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Charles H. Bronson has urged homeowners in the past to use some form of termite pest control to defend their homes in Tampa, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough Counties, and all of the Tampa Bay area. It has been noted that Floridians spend more than $700,000,000 on damages and termite pest control each year. Still, about half of Florida’s homeowners don’t use any type of termite pest control to safeguard their property.
The termites typically found infesting homes in Clearwater, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and other Florida cities are subterranean and dry wood termites. There are different termite pest control methods for both subterranean and dry wood termites. Subterranean termites live underground in the soil and feed off of structures from the ground up; dry wood termites live in isolated wood pieces of a wooden structure and usually cause extensive damage before being detected. Most of the time, homeowners are caught unawares, leading to significant damage and cost; it is this inability to detect an infestation that makes a reliable termite pest control method vital in Tampa Bay homes.
Use these tips to keep the termites away until you implement some type of termite pest control method in your home:
- Discard any piles of wood or mulch that may be close to or under your home
- Contact a local termite pest control specialist to annually inspect your home
- Quickly repair any moisture problems or water leaks since subterranean termites are attracted to moisture
- Keep siding materials about 6 to 8 inches above ground level. This doesn’t include masonry or brick.
Although subterranean termites get all the glory, many people tend to forget about drywood termites. These tiny insects can inflict a world of destruction to your Tampa Bay home or business with barely a sign. Drywood termites often leave tiny mounds of fecal pellets underneath the wood they’ve infested. The holes are nearly impossible to see since they are about 1mm in size, and as a security measure, soldier termites plug the holes with their heads to shield the hole from invaders.
Although they tend to be localized, it is very difficult to manage drywood termite infestations. If a colony is spotted soon, the infestation can be treated successfully. However, if that colony has matured and produced alates that have begun their own colony, the infestation will intensify and the number of termites can double and multiply.
At Tri-S Pest Control we use the following treatments to rid drywood termites from your property:
- Termidor—this leading non-repellant treatment can be used alone. Termidor is perfect for those seeking a cost-effective cure to drywood termites.
- Bora-Care—can be applied to your home or office without you having to vacate. It is injected into your walls with a needle and will protect your wood for up to 25 years.
Our experienced technicians are “cross-trained,” meaning they are not only experts in pest control but also termite control. When Tri-S technicians visit your Tampa home or St. Petersburg beach house for regular pest control, they’re also trained to look for potential termite problems. This type of termite control is preventative since immediate detection can minimize the damage and lessen the cost of the treatment. Our technicians can also suggest ways for the homeowner to prevent future infestation.
I spotted some termites when I was cleaning some old mulch out of my yard. I snapped a few pictures of the termites and sent them over to Tri-S pest control. Ben was able to come by my house and diagnosis the critters as subterranean termites. The same day he provided a quote and had the preventative treatment completed in less than a week. I am very thankful that they performed the preventative treatment so that my wife and I did not have to tent the house.