Tampa Termite Treatments & Services
Termite season strikes residents in Florida during the months of January through May. These swarms start to appear when the termites leave their colonies to find new nesting sites. It is at this time that homeowners begin to realize they might have a termite problem since they spot the swarming termites in their homes.
Tri-S Termite & Pest Control has been providing Tampa Termite Treatments for over 25yrs. Our termite inspections by our highly trained technicians is second to none in Tampa Fl. If you live in Tampa or the Tampa Bay area and need a Home Termite Inspection or Termite Treatment call us today for our Free Termite Inspection, In Tampa (813)936-5850 or in the surrounding Tampa Bay area 1-800-410-5850. Or you can fill out our online form (HERE)
The termites typically found infesting homes in Clearwater, Tampa, St. Petersburg and other Florida cities are subterranean and dry wood termites. There are different termite pest control methods for both subterranean and dry wood termites. Subterranean termites live underground in the soil and feed off of structures from the ground up; dry wood termites live in isolated wood pieces of a wooden structure and usually cause extensive damage before detected. Most of the time, homeowners are caught unawares, leading to significant damage and cost; it is this inability to detect an infestation that makes a reliable termite pest control method vital in Tampa Bay homes.
Tri-S has various applications to provide your home with termite control, such as:
The Exterra System:
- Not only provides termite control, but eliminates termite colonies
- This interception and baiting system has its stations monitored on a quarterly basis. Reports show results.
- Does not use liquid poison, which is environment-friendly. Instead it contains a molt inhibitor that is consumed by the worker termites and fed to the rest of the colony.
Termidor Termite Control:
- Has treated 2.6 million American homes
- Perfect for homeowners on a budget
- Low-dose treatment that leaves no odor
- Treatment is less invasive since rods are used
- Is a non repellant termite control treatment
- Safer since it has no documented fatalities
- Can be applied in the home without homeowners vacating
- Is injected into the walls with a needle
- Protects wood for up to 25 years
Use these tips to keep the termites away until you implement some type of termite pest control method to your home:
- Discard any piles of wood or mulch that may be close or under your home
- Contact a local termite pest control specialist to annually inspect your home
- Quickly repair any moisture problems or water leaks since subterranean termites are attracted to moisture
- Keep siding materials about 6 to 8 inches above ground level. This doesn’t include masonry or brick.
Although subterranean termites get all the glory, many people tend to forget about drywood termites. These tiny insects can inflict a world of destruction to your Tampa bay home or business with barely a sign. Drywood termites often leave tiny mounds of fecal pellets underneath the wood they’ve infested. The holes are nearly impossible to see since they are about 1mm in size, and as a security measure, soldier termites plug the holes with their heads to shield the hole from invaders.
If you suspect your home has termites, call us today for a free estimate in Tampa call: (813)936-5850, in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Polk and Sarasota counties call: 1-800-410-5850. We offer simply superior service, guaranteed!